Subject: Intel SRCS16 supported by NetBSD ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/2005 02:32:28
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a raid card to get some decent raid-5 support
for a bunch of 200G discs. The question arrises what card to use. I'm on
a semi tight budget here, so the intel (~ 300EUR) comes into mind before
spending money to big brands as 3ware and areca.

However, the website isn't really clear about it being supported or not.

It has support for:
I2O RAID controllers: Adaptec, AMI, DPT, Intel, possibly more (iop(4))
Intel Storage RAID, Integrated RAID (icp(4), iop(4))

Does that mean that it supports the srcs16 too ?

And furthermore, if it's supported, is it a full support or not. (I
already have a card that's only supported for raid0, and I wanted to use
it's hardware raid1 capabilities, so now it's 'degraded' to just an
ordinary pci controller, doing software raid on two discs).

Link: http://www.intel.com/design/servers/raid/srcs16/

Thanks in advance!

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een