Subject: Re:System tuning to improve performance
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/2005 14:26:10
For what it's worth:

The only nVidia reference I recall in the thread was my own.  That
is *not* an nVidia graphics card.  It is a motherboard chipset.
I don't know how much of it nVidia designed, or where nVidia-branded
stuff leaves off and other manufacturers (such as RealTek or VIA)
may enter.  (The hard drive controller is nominally an nVidia, but
uses the same driver as a VIA controller with a few special tweaks
of code; the ethernet port is identified as a RealTek gigabit
interface...)

Normally the mouse works fine.  Just periodically, something
(X server? USB driver?) gets frozen and the mouse stops for about
a second.  Other times, it's other processes, such as an xterm
(or ssh or mutt or a shell...).

Interestingly, I was unable to reproduce it today while using
XMMS to play some .flac music files.