Subject: I can't connect via ftp - No route to host
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?B?VG9t4bkgQm9kvuFy?= <bodzar@schrack.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/11/2005 13:27:43
Good afternoon,
I'm newbie to NetBSD.I was installed NetBSD 2.0 on my laptop Asus N6858NE
(full instalation with X).Everything is working fine,only card
reader,infra and bluetooth with wi-fi not(My bluetooth was recognized,but
I was not try to setup it yet.Wi-fi needs iwi driver and I don't know how
to get it to kernel,but these things are not priority for me now).

So now what is important for me :

I was setup via ifconfig my LAN Gigacard Broadcom on bge0 wit IPv4 and
NETMASK,then I was setup default route in /etc/rc.conf adn bge0 is now up
and ping to default route is OK.Byt what about DNS?Man pages said,that I
must configure it in my /etc/resolv.conf,but I don't have this file on my
system.So I make it with Vi,it's like this :

#Configuration of DNS

nameserver IP of our DNS

But when I'm trying to connect via ftp or telnet to some server -> No
route to host

My second OS on laptop is Win XP SP2,for connect to servers with Opera or
another browser we have this in configuration line :

For HTTP,HTTPS,FTP

proxy.cz.schrack.lan:8080

Where in NetBSD 2.0 it must be configure?

Thanks a lot for your answers and time