Subject: Can't mount FreeBSD filesystem under NetBSD 2.0-RELEASE
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Cristan Szmajda <cristan@123mail.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/11/2005 12:17:11
Dear netbsd-help,

I have disk with an FFS filesystem created under FreeBSD 2.2
on it, and I am trying to read it under NetBSD 2.0-RELEASE.

I can read the disk device and mount it without error.

     mount -v -v /dev/wd0d /mnt
     exec: mount_ffs /dev/wd0d /mnt
     /dev/wd0d on /mnt type ffs (local, writes: sync 0 async 0)

But then the mount point /mnt disappears from ls, and any
attempt to traverse or cd to it fails with:

     /mnt: Bad file descriptor

Exactly the same behaviour happens if I copy the disk to a
file (it's only 1 GByte) and mount it via a vnode device.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please
reply to cristan@123mail.org as I am not subscribed to
netbsd-help.

Thanks,
--