Subject: Re: gdb on Netbsd 2.0
To: Alexander Flott <aflott-netbsd@gmx.de>
From: Dion van der Grijp <dvdgrijp@mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/04/2005 20:59:32
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 12:40:33PM +0200, Alexander Flott wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has had any hassles with gdb on netbsd 2.
> >

> I can't change the rtc offset anymore (kern.rtc_offset) via gdb!
> On <2.0 I could do:
> gdb --write /netbsd
> (gdb) set rtc_offset=-60
> (gdb) quit
>
> Now I get "Memory fault (core dumped)" on "quit".
>
> -Alex

Same thing happened to me after installing NetBSD 2.0 and trying to set
kern.rtc_offset using gdb: core dump on quit.  Tried once more, with the
same result.  However, despite the core dump it turned out that the
desired change to kern.rtc_offset had registered.  Don't know why gdb is
doing this, but it seems that something is not quite right.

-dvdg