Subject: KHTML bad rendering
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/01/2005 19:33:03
Hi!
I hope this is right for a general purpose list...
I use KDE (first 3.3.2, now 3.4.0) on a macppc system and I have experienced
an annoying problem with the HTML rendering engine, KHTML. The main issues:
1. Text fields (for example the Google search field) are often too small (but
not always, sometimes everything's perfect)
2. Italic fonts are often displayed "one letter above the other", so it's
impossible to read them
3. Sometimes there is a general misrendering of the page and everything gets
scrumbled.
It seems there isn't any reason for this to happen, and I haven't been able to
understand whether it happens under some strange circumstances or not. Does
anyone have the same problem? Any hints?

Thank you very much.

david