Subject: Re: "function 0 not configured"
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/31/2005 10:17:35
"Geert Hendrickx" <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:37:50AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > "Geert Hendrickx" <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be> writes:
> > > [PCMCIA lossage]
> >
> > [gdt suggests RBUS_MIN_START]
>
> This laptop has only 64 MB of memory, can all this still be the problem
> then?

Absolutely - that makes it more likely.  The pseudo-PCI space via
cardbus is mapped to memory space that isn't occupied by physical
memory, but it has to be supported by the memory management hardware.
I'm not sure, but I think older laptops (which yours must be if it
only has 64 MB) may only support 30 bits or so of addressing).

If that doesn't work, post your dmesg output.  Given that your machine
has only 64 MB, also try RBUS_MIN_START at 256MB or even 128MB if
512MB doesn't work.

You may also be able to get things to work with a kernel without
cardbus support.  On some machines, I got pcmcia to work this way -
the cardbus bridge emulated a pcic controller.

But, if your machine doesn't find a cbb, and has pcic instead,
RBUS_MIN_START may not help.  In that case, you will need to post your
dmesg.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>