Subject: Re: cloning tap device (was : qemu networking under -current)
To: None <hubertf@gmx.de>
From: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/25/2005 13:52:22
On Friday 25 March 2005 13:17, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> In article <200503190041.24145.th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr> you wrote:
> > Could someone please send me something to test my /dev/tap ?
>
> Here is a Makefile(extract) that I'm using with "make netbsd1" and
> "make netbsd2" to start two qemu instances networked via a bridge(4) and
> connected to the local machine's rtk0 ethernet:
> [...]
AFAICS this is the Makefile I found on the WEB concerning a kernel panic or
something like that. It helped me a lot.

> Many thanks to Quentin for helping me to get that far. :)
Same for me :)
Thanks to Quentin, I did some significant progress.
Everything works fine when I use an ethernet interface ;
the problem shows up with a wifi card, drived by either ath(4) or wi(4).
I'm currently trying to bridge ath0 and rtk0 with no success :(

Thanks,
Thierry.