Subject: Re: Still a challenge: pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5
To: bsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/24/2005 11:27:29
--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C

Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de> wrote:

> checking for gcc... cc
> checking whether the C compiler (cc -O2  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib =20
> -L/usr/pkg/lib) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler =20
> cannot create executables.

Look at config.log and see what the exact problem is the compiler
stumbles over.

> <.> /usr/bin/cc -o conftest -O2 -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib =20
> conftest.c -mabi=3Dn32
>=20
> hm, nothing special in here...?

Well, actually, "-mabi-n32" is not a valid flag for the mipspro
compiler.

> my mk.conf is nearly as bootstrapping built it:
>=20
> .ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings
>=20
> OPSYS=3DIRIX
> ABI=3D32
> PKG_DBDIR=3D/var/db/pkg
> LOCALBASE=3D/usr/pkg
> FETCH_CMD=3D/usr/pkg/bin/ftp
> PAX=3D/usr/pkg/bin/pax
> SED=3D/usr/pkg/bin/nbsed
> IMAKEOPTS+=3D-DBuildN32 -DSgiISA32=3D4
>=20
> GCC_REQD=3D3.4
>=20
> .endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

Add

PKGSRC_COMPILER=3Dmipspro

That will probably fix the immediate problem.  I'll make sure that this
gets noted somewhere during the bootstrap process.

-Jan

--=20
"The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character
attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79."

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C--