Subject: Re: PCMCIA Interrupt Conflicts
To: Zach Crisler <zcrisler@gmail.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/2005 12:53:39
On Mar 23, 12:37pm, zcrisler@gmail.com (Zach Crisler) wrote:

| On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:23:48 -0500, Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com> wrote:
| > Are you sure that your problem is interrupt conflicts? Did the current
| > kernel report something like:
| >
| > cbb0: wait took 0.002071s
| > ath0: interrupting at 6
| >
| > I don't usually specify PCI_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK by hand, and it works.
| > Your dmesg is still a 2.0 kernel. I would be interested to see a dmesg
| > from current.
|
| My apologies...I overlooked these lines:
|
|     cbb0: wait took 0.009323s
|     pcmcia0: card appears to have bogus CIS
|
| What does this mean?  That is with the linksys card by the way, when I
| insert my 3Com it timesout, but the kernel reports:

The linksys appears to have bad CIS. Which is the cardbus information
space. We have to parse this to find stuff like power, mac address,
memory and i/o space, etc. If it is bad, then it will need a kludge in
the parser to ignore the bad tuple and continue.

|     cbb0: wait took 0.007948s
|     ex0: interrupting at 11

This looks fine.

| So it still looks like an IRQ problem?

I don't think that using irq 11 would be an issue. What does the
rest of the ex0 messages look like? What happens if you ifconfig
ex0 a.b.c.d and then try to ping a.b.c.d?

christos