Subject: Re: strange resolving issue
To: None <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Roberto <roberto.trovo@redix.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/2005 12:00:10
According to me:
 - ping should return "Host is down" when you try to ping a host on your
LAN and the host does not respond;

 - ping does not return any message if the host is on Internet and it does
not respond;

 - ping should return "sendto: No route to host" if the route table is not
setup correctly (i.e. a route to the ip or default route is missed);

What version of netbsd are you using? and Do you have enable a firewall on
the host or on the gateway? please verify.

Kind regards,
Roberto

--
ReDiX Informatica S.r.l.

Via Cesare Cantù, 58

20035 Lissone (MI)

Tel  +39 039 2458044 / +39 039 2456206

Fax +39 039 4655920

e-mail roberto.trovo [at] redix.it

Disclaimer

This message is being sent from ReDiX Informatica and may contain
information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.
Any unauthorized use of the content of this message is a breach of your
duty to respect the confidentiality of the correspondence between other
persons and can expose the responsible party to civil and/or criminal
penalties, and may constitute a more serious offense.