Subject: Re: emacs doesn't compile
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drkilloran@speakeasy.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/18/2005 10:43:16
On Mar 16, 2005, at 9:36 AM, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drkilloran@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> While building emace from source, the following error stopped the
>> compilation:
>>
>>> frame.h:88: error: redefinition of `struct frame'
>
> Haven't checked, but I wonder if you hit kernel's 'struct frame' b/c
> some system header exposes it to userland incorrectly.  cc -E is your
> friend.

I don't understand. I have compiled emacs twice before from srs, once
for rev 1.4 or NetBSD, once for 1.6.
This time I am doing it for 2.0 & all of a sudden I get this
inexplicable error?
I also don't see how cc -E would help.
I tried removing the include from the offending file, but that produced
a LOT of errors.

Dan Killoran