Subject: Re: rsync server
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Aiko Barz <aiko@haeckser.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/15/2005 16:34:54
--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:17:13PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I do not want to get the cvs-repository itself. I simply would like to
> > use "rsync" and "make". I don't want to know anything about the cvs,
> > subversion or whatever-structure behind.
>=20
> pkgsrc-current is available from /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/
> I'm not aware of any checked out pkgsrc-2004Q4 tree.
> But CVS isn't that difficult, you just need:
> setenv CVS_RSH ssh (or export CVS_RSH=3Dssh depending on your shell)
> cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -P pkgsrc
> for pkgsrc-current or
> cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -P -r pkgsrc-2004Q4 pkgsrc
> for the stable pkgsrc.

That's the way, I'm doing it right now. I guess, it's gentoo's fault.
You do "emerge --sync", gentoo selects the rsync-mirror randomly
and updates "/usr/portage". This directory is immediately useable.
(/usr/portage includes stable/unstable and several stages in between.)

The developers gpg-signatures garantee, that you get, what you want.
Call me lazy, but I think, that this technique could improve NetBSD
very much.

Salut,
    Aiko

--=20