Subject: Re: rsync server
To: Aiko Barz <aiko@haeckser.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2005 22:17:13
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:28:37AM +0100, Aiko Barz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any trusted rsync-server out there, which have snapshots of
> pkgsrc-2.0 and pkgsrc-current.

pkgsrc-2.0 doesn't exists, you probably want pkgsrc-2004Q4

> I do not want to get the cvs-repository itself. I simply would like to
> use "rsync" and "make". I don't want to know anything about the cvs,
> subversion or whatever-structure behind.

pkgsrc-current is available from /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/
I'm not aware of any checked out pkgsrc-2004Q4 tree.
But CVS isn't that difficult, you just need:
setenv CVS_RSH ssh (or export CVS_RSH=ssh depending on your shell)
cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -P pkgsrc
for pkgsrc-current or
cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -P -r pkgsrc-2004Q4 pkgsrc
for the stable pkgsrc.