Subject: Re: Quickest way to get kde3 up and running
To: None <trey@thesizemores.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/12/2005 08:03:46
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 trey@thesizemores.net wrote:

> Just finished my NetBSD install and I'm looking for the most efficient way to
> get KDE up and running.  When I tried pkg_add on the kde3 meta package from
> NetBSD.org it complained that all the packages that make up KDE were not found.
>  Do I have to download all these manually?  I would have thought the
> meta-package would handle grabbing the needed files.

I assume some packages were removed due to security issues, but new
replacements were not uploaded.

Please tell us which packages and NetBSD architecture and maybe we can get
them uploaded to the FTP servers.

Maybe one or more ISO images (CD disks) have the missing packages. You may
want to check.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/