Subject: Re: Quickest way to get kde3 up and running
To: trey@thesizemores.net <trey@thesizemores.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/2005 21:14:43
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:52:11 -0500, trey@thesizemores.net
<trey@thesizemores.net> wrote:
> Just finished my NetBSD install and I'm looking for the most efficient way to
> get KDE up and running.  When I tried pkg_add on the kde3 meta package from
> NetBSD.org it complained that all the packages that make up KDE were not found.
>  Do I have to download all these manually?  I would have thought the
> meta-package would handle grabbing the needed files.

Did you set PKG_PATH to point at the package repository?

KDE is often in various states of repair. I built mine. Took me a
while, but it works.

If the meta package doesn't work, try installing kdelibs3 and then
kdebase3. That should get you some sort of minimal (KDE is not really
minimal though...) working system.

Andy