Subject: Looking for some next steps after initial install
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2005 21:52:15
I did my NetBSD install per the manual (chapters 3 & 4) but my install
appears to not exactly align with the steps provided.  I could not get
access to packages via FTP (I assume because I'm using DSL and I read
that PPPoE is not supported at install).  My machine now boots into
what appears to be single user mode.  I was never given the option to
configure time zones (my options during setup for timezones were blank,
just the exit option), no prompting for root password selection, etc.

This is a NetBSD 2.0 install on a Intel P4 box.  I'd like to get the
install to the point that I can get a Desktop like KDE or Gnome up-and-
running as well as access the internet.  I'm hoping someone will either
point me to the documentation I've missed or am unaware of, or provide
a simple how-to for getting to these next steps.

Thanks.