Subject: Re: It works! (Re: No response when do lptest > /dev/ulpt0...anything
To: Mark Tamola <marktam264@hotmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2005 07:31:16
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Mark Tamola wrote:

> 4.  Copy the sample cupsd to /etc/rc.d, but modify line 8 from:
>
>      # REQUIRE: DAEMON slpd
>
>      to:
>
>      # REQUIRE: DAEMON lpd
>
> 5.  Modify /etc/rc.conf to start lpd and cupsd.

I am glad this works for you and thanks for documenting it.

The step 4 above should not be needed. lpd is not needed (as cups provides
its own). (You could use lpd with cups if really desired, but I am
guessing you are not using it now.)

Copy the slpd rc.d script in place instead and enable it if it is used. It
is from the openslp package and is the Service Location Protocol daemon.
It should already be installed. (I don't think I use it myself with cups
though.)

Also the rc.d scripts can be copie din place automatically by defining
PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=YES (and PKG_CONFIG=YES which is the default).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Low cost press releases
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/