Subject: Re: pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2005 14:18:49
On 09.03.2005 Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi> wrote:
>
>> Jan Schaumann wrote:

>> installed it
>> few
>> |

>> | Yes, it should work.  I'll bootstrap my IRIX machine with gcc some
>> time
>> | this weekend to make sure.
>>
>> This might not work actually, AFAIR mipspro exits with a non-zero
>> status
>> when a license is not installed, so you can use it to compile files
>> (with the warnings) but automating it any way will fail.
>
> Really?  Huh.
>
> Maybe it behaves differently if a license is installed, but the license
> server is not reachable?  B/c I know that once or twice during my
> bulk-builds the license server went down, and the bulk build continued
> without interrupting the package built.
>
> Oh well, as I said, gcc should work fine, too.

hi jan,

have you tried this over the weekend (as you mailed)? i haven't tried
the MIPSPro yet, but as this seems to be 'a hard thang' (TM) w/o
license, i'd like to go the gcc way ;)

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.