Subject: Re: pkgsrc on IRIX 6.5
To: bsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2005 08:18:23
--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi> wrote:
=20
> Jan Schaumann wrote:
> | Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de> wrote:
> |

> |>yip, i have the MIPSPro compiler here (v7.3), but have not installed it
> |>yet. i don't have a license, but i'll give it i try within the next few
> |>days. nevertheless, it should work with gcc, shouldn't it?
> |

> | Yes, it should work.  I'll bootstrap my IRIX machine with gcc some time
> | this weekend to make sure.
>=20
> This might not work actually, AFAIR mipspro exits with a non-zero status
> when a license is not installed, so you can use it to compile files
> (with the warnings) but automating it any way will fail.

Really?  Huh.

Maybe it behaves differently if a license is installed, but the license
server is not reachable?  B/c I know that once or twice during my
bulk-builds the license server went down, and the bulk build continued
without interrupting the package built.

Oh well, as I said, gcc should work fine, too.

-Jan

--=20
I'm not even supposed to be here today!

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k