Subject: No response when do lptest > /dev/ulpt0...anything else to try?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Tamola <marktam264@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/2005 04:12:19
All,

I'm trying to set up a USB printer on NetBSD 2.0 (an HP PSC 1350
All-in-one).  The following shows up in dmesg:

ulpt0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1
ulpt0: hp psc 1300 series, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

However, when I do a "lptest 70 5 > /dev/ulpt0", there is no response at all
from the printer.  I've also tried the /dev/ulpn0 device, but that has no
response either.  No lights blinking on the printer at all.  I installed
apsfilter from pkgsrc, but even experimenting with various drivers, etc., I
get no response at all from the printer.

How do I set up the printer properly? If I can't even do a "cat file.txt >
/dev/ulpt0", I don't know what else to try.

Thanks,

-Mark