Subject: Re: dcopserver and KDE
To: None <elrdet@tin.it>
From: Dmitry Ivanov <dimss@solutions.lv>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/2005 19:35:04
--nextPart85375896.GZYUcoQM3V

On Thursday 03 March 2005 13:59, you wrote:
> Now I'm simply no more able to log-in into kde...during kdeinit (I
> guess) iceauth fails to find someting and a pop up windows tell me
> that I must restart the dcopserver, because kde fails the
> interprocess communication.

I've seen this on Slackware Linux one or two years ago. The problem was=20
with permissions of /tmp/.ICE-unix. Solved it with chmod in rc.local.=20
Patrick Volkerding later added chmod to rc.S:

chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
chmod 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix

Look at your ~/.xsession-errors if you have it. (I've never used X on=20
netbsd).

=2D-=20
Sending Loosers to /dev/null since 1979.