Subject: Re: wireless 802.11g PCI network card
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/2005 22:32:22
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:06:41 +0000, Charles M. Hannum
<abuse@spamalicious.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 23:03, Peter I. Hansen wrote:
> > I'm looking for a wireless 802.11g PCI network card that works
> > with NetBSD. I didn't find
> > http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html to be very helpfull in
> > this matter.
> >
> > Can any of you recommend such a card? I've considered the Belkin
> > F5D7000 card, which is cheap but got nice reviews by windows
> > users. Does anyone have this card working on NetBSD? Or any other?
>
> AFAIK, the F5D7000 has a Broadcom chip in it, and will thus not work with
> NetBSD.
>
> I use a DWL-G520 (not to be confused with the DWL-520) that I bought
> refurbished for $30 a while back.  It has an Atheros chip, and works fine in
> my base station.

I did lots of searching recently for a PCMCIA card, but it seems that
as long as the chipset is supported it will probably work whether it's
PCMCIA or PCI.

This list is in German, but it's pretty good. I think you can follow it:

http://wiki.uni-konstanz.de/wiki/bin/view/Wireless/ListeFunkkarten

Andy