Subject: Re: How to perform binary updates for all installed pkgs?
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/26/2005 08:56:17
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, David Brownlee wrote:

> > I don't use pkg_chk ...
> >
> > But would
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/reed/pkgsrc-available-NetBSD-2.0-i386.bz2
> > be useful? (It is 945572 bytes.)
> >
> > I plan to make a simple interface similar to Debian's apt-get to use it.
>
>  	pkg_chk could certainly use that, if anything its a little
>  	overkill for its needs. Is the intention that that should live
>  	in the uploaded PACKAGES dir (at the same level as 'All)?

I haven't thought yet where to keep it. My plan is to regenerate it as
needed -- and on stable branch it may go days or a week between changes.
Also for stable collection a single diff against this original could be
used for any updates for the entire quarter.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/