Subject: Re: Kernel panic with NAT + FTP
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ari_Sovij=E4rvi?= <apz-list@2304.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2005 08:45:32
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:59:19 +0200 (EET), Ari Sovij=E4rvi
<apz-list@2304.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I'm using an i386 "netbsd-2-0"-machine as a NAT, and my settings are:
>=20
> map vr0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
> map vr0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 40000:60000
> map vr0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32
>=20
> I was transferring files with a Windows-client (WS_FTP) through the NAT, =
and
> the FTP-connection just froze. I assumed it was a Windows-problem, reconn=
ected
> and resumed the operation. It froze again, and this time pretty much ever=
ything
> else using the internet connection went down. I connected a keyboard and
> monitor to the NAT machine and noticed it had kernel paniced.
>=20
> I'm no expert on interpreting the trace, but it would seem it had somethi=
ng to
> do with the ongoing FTP-connection. Here's the trace output:
> http://apz.fi/tmp/trace.jpg
>=20
> As a workaround, I removed the active FTP-support from the NAT until I ge=
t the
> problem fixed.

The last function was copy data, not sure if that is specific to
active FTP support.

I'm not a dump expert so I don't know either, but the best way you can
get someone to look at this is to open a PR with this complete output.
Are you able to get it to save the panic? That might be useful as well
too.

Andy