Subject: postfix: relayhost without SSL needed?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2005 20:37:01
Hi all;

I would like to set up postfix (I'm running postfix 2.1.5. with the TLS
patch added on NetBSD 1.6.1 with -current) to relay through my SMTP
server.

I can't have postfix require connecting clients have SSL though, only
SMTP Auth.  Some clients that I want to be able to relay, cannot
support SSL.

I've rummaged and found many how-to docs for postfix to set this up,
but all seem to require the connecting client use SSL.

My ISP will accept the relay using just SMTP Auth, since my home
machine is on their IP block, they trust it a little more.  Relay
attempts from outside their block they require both SMTP Auth and SSL;
which is why I'd like to use my home server in the middle (since my PDA
client can support SMTP Auth but not SSL, and I'm going to be
travelling...).

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Brian