Subject: nv driver issues in XFree86config
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2005 12:23:56
Hi all,
I finally managed to make my monitor work on 85hz with
decent resolution if you wonder how write me an email
however I still got a bit of weird problem I'm not
expecting to solve it, explanation would do just as
well
 in my /etc/X11/XFree86conf I got:
[going straight to section where my video card is]
Section "Device"

        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
        BoardName   "NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x]"
        ChipSet     "GeForce2 MX/MX 400"
if i use this configuration (video card wise I'm
gettin error message that xfree cant use nv)
but if i use following insted of previous
#nonsence
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "nv"
EndSection

it works just fine, if anyone interested i can post
xfree86.log
cheers
tom