Subject: Re: missing conftest.c? libxml2
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2005 13:14:30
>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Brian wrote:
>
>>  What installs conftest.c?
>
>It was created by the configure script for some simple tests to see what
>your system provides. It was deleted automatically. (It is not a concern.)

It gets automatically deleted  even if the build aborts?

>  > Per the first config log, there's just:
>>  ## ----------- ##
>>  ## confdefs.h. ##
>>  ## ----------- ##
>>
>>  #define PACKAGE "libxml2"
>>  #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
>>  #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
>>  #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
>>  #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
>>  #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
>>  #define VERSION "2.6.17"
>>
>>  configure: exit 77
>
>Is that the entire config.log ?? If not, then look in it starting from
>bottom up until you find the error message.

That is the bottom 15 or so lines of the config log.  the exit 77 is
the only indication of an error (and per the other log, error 77 is
reported.  I've been unable to find that error code but didn't look
hard, I assumed it was a file not found since conftest.c didn't exist
on the system.

There is more to the toop of the .work.log than I included but it all
looks fine.  Something is failing with the configure that makes it
abort with error 77, the last line in the work log is the gcc of
conftest.c (I included that log in my earlier post).  So that test is
what is killing  the build? or something else a likely culprit?
Other programs compile fine, but I've had troubles with this libxml
and also with the latest openssh (3.9?  I forget the exact version).

Thanks for the reply;

Brian