Subject: Re: Cannot install autmake
To: NetBSD-Help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Serban Udrea <S.Udrea@gsi.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/15/2005 12:31:46
Hello,

and thank you for your answer!

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

 > You may want to research the work/automake-1.9.4/config.log to see where
 > this failed.

The problem seems to be here:

configure:2079: checking whether autoconf is installed
configure:2084: eval autoconf --version
exec: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/automake/../../mk/gnu-config/missing: permission denied
configure:2087: $? = 126
configure:2095: result: no
configure:2098: error: Autoconf 2.58 or better is required.
     Please make sure it is installed and in your PATH.

I looked for /usr/pkgsrc/devel/automake/../../mk/gnu-config/missing. It is a shell script
belonging to root:wheel and with 600 permissions, thus it is not directly executable. I will
try to change the permissions and see what happens. Another option would be to change
configure in work/automake-1.9.4, but I am not good at this kind of scripts.

 >> Nevertheless Autoconf v. 2.59 IS THERE (came with the base system):
 >>
 >> >autoconf --version
 >> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
 >

 > You posted this email to netbsd-help. NetBSD does not provide autoconf in
 > base system. Maybe it came from pkgsrc?

You are right, it came with pkgsrc and was installed at some point (maybe just before automake).

Best regards,

Serban Udrea