Subject: Re: Cannot install autmake
To: Serban Udrea <S.Udrea@gsi.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/2005 12:22:09
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Serban Udrea wrote:

> i just tried to install php-dbx but it failed because installtion of
> automake failed with the claim that Autoconf v. 2.58 or better is not
> detected:
>
> checking for tex... no
> checking whether autoconf is installed... no
> configure: error: Autoconf 2.58 or better is required.
>      Please make sure it is installed and in your PATH.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/automake
> ===>
> ===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
> ===> Please investigate the following for more information:
> ===>      * config.log

You may want to research the work/automake-1.9.4/config.log to see where
this failed.

> Nevertheless Autoconf v. 2.59 IS THERE (came with the base system):
>
>  >autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

You posted this email to netbsd-help. NetBSD does not provide autoconf in
base system. Maybe it came from pkgsrc?

> What should I do to get automake installed and finally php-dbx? Should I
> reinstall Autoconf from pkgsrc?

You should not have to.

I justed tested and it configured fine for me. Sorry I can't be of more
help. Hopefully, the config.log will help.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/