Subject: Need help with TCP wrappers
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2005 18:22:24
Is any else successfully using the "twist" option to TCP wrappers?

I'd like to use it to control the rejection message for sendmail, but
I can't figure it out. If I put ": twist /bin/echo ...." after
"sendmail: ALL except ... " in "hosts.allow", it seems to reject
everything with the twist message *except* the exceptions. If I have
no entry for "sendmail" in "hosts.allow", but have "sendmail: ... :
twist ...", everything gets rejected with a generic message (contrary
to the docs), but if I add "sendmail: ALL" to "hosts.allow", then
everything would get accepted, wouldn't it?

The point is that "/etc/mail/access" doesn't let you use CIDR, while
TCP wrappers does. If anyone is doing this, could you please post an
example configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Frederick