Subject: Re: Connecting Psion to NetBSD, help needed
To: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/13/2005 22:21:13
Hello,

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:54:41 -0800
Ben Collver <collver@peak.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you try the following patch?  It works for me in NetBSD 2.0.
>
> http://backyard.homeunix.net/~ben/docs/comp/unix/netbsd/pkgsrc/nfsd-mp_mount.c.diff

compiles with some warnings.

From the command-line I changed the tty device to /dev/tty01  from ttyS0
which is linux-style ; the speed from 115 000 to a conservative 9600
With the -nobackground switch it seamed to have grabbed the xterm.

Many things left to explore until I'll actually be able to exchange
data with the Revo. Thanks for that patch, seams to work!

> Also, see pkgsrc/comms/plptools which may already do what you want.

I tried to compile this in the meantime. Unfortunately it dies with

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../lib  -I/usr/include
-I/usr/pkg/include  -D_REENTRANT -O2 -O2 -I/usr/include
-I/usr/pkg/include -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c link.cc In file
included from link.cc:35: link.h:30: pthread.h: No such file or
directory In file included from link.cc:36:
packet.h:31: pthread.h: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [link.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/pkgsrc/comms/plptools/work/plptools-0.12/ncpd' gmake: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1

although I checked out pkgsrc 2004Q3 according to cvsweb I
seam to have all available patches.
Looking at it again: pthread.h is NetBSD20 only, no native threading on
earlier versions. Which breaks plptools  for me, do  I understand this
correctly?

Rudi