Subject: moving pkgsrc from -current to Q4 2004
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2005 22:47:51
I've been running with 1.6.1 and -current for pkgsrc for quite a while;
however after updating pkgsrc via cvs last week, quite a few things are
not working right in pkgsrc, and I'd like to go back to Q4 2004 or so,
when they had that freeze and fixed a lot of stuff.  It's not looking
like a case of justupdating many dependancies until it works, it looks
pretty broken, at least for MIPS.

I've been trying to figure out the right CVS tag to use, or which
subdirectory on the ftp site to grab, but I'm not finding what I want
to let me get a complete pkgsrc from say late Dec 2004.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-2004Q1 actually
contains pkgsrc as well as the NetBSD core,but that's going back much
further than I want.  And all the other directories and dates seem to
contain platform-specific items, and not for cobalt.

Surely they kept a copy of the stuff after the freeze and all the
fixes?  But I sure cannot find it.

Thanks for help,

Brian