Subject: trouble building xscreensaver package
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2005 15:24:03
So I've just updated my entire package source.  I'm running NetBSD
current from Dec. 20.  NetBSD 2.99.11

My pkgsrc is from about an hour ago.

Trying to build textproc/libxml2

I get:

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
*** Error code 77

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

I'm not out of disk space.

I ordinarily like to build things from pkgsrc as myself, not as root.
(Just because why do more things as root than absolutely necessary?)
The whole directory tree is owned by me.

After this failed I tried again as root, and the same problem
occurred.

James Wetterau, Jr.		jwjr@panix.com (h)   james@surgam.net  (w)

  		Let's end the war in Iraq.