Subject: Re: Trouble building tor
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2005 10:27:16
--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com> wrote:
>=20
> Jan Schaumann says:
=20
> > And how up to date is
> > pkgsrc/mk/*?
>=20
> Some of the stuff in there is from December 21 and some of it is quite
> old.
>=20
> Is there stuff in there that has to be kept up to date manually?

The ``stuff in there'' is the pkgsrc framework.  At the moment we don't
have any mechanism that says -- on a per-package basis -- you need at
least revision X of mk/foo.mk.

In general, it's recommend to update pkgsrc in its entirety rather than
one package at a time.  If that is not practical, then I recommend to at
the very least always update pkgsrc/mk together with the package you
update.   (Note that this still may break if dependencies have changed,
been updated or moved.)

-Jan

--=20
DON'T PANIC!