Subject: Strange problems (memory damaged?)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2005 05:39:16
Hi,

these days I've been using NetBSD-2.0 in a new machine I built. The
machine is a AMD Athlon XP 2800+, ASUS A7V600-X, etc.

But I'm seeing some strange messages which don't appear in another
configuration close to the new one, and some "Segmentation fault (core
dumped)" in some applications, e.g. firefox-gtk2.

For example, the message below began to appear last boot. Sometime it
appears, sometime not. I though my memory was bad, so I've installed
Windows and tested with some 3D games. They run very stable, although
there are some strange messages when I boot the system.

# adsl-start
.Shared object "libc=AEso.12" not found
[: 30: unexpected operator
 Connected!
#

There are other messages even with the same command such as 'adsl-start'
appearing, but was unable to catch. Not a big problem, but I'm curious.
Is this a hardware problem?

Thank you.=20