Subject: Re: 2.0 broke the delete key, but only in X11
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2005 02:35:40
Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com> typed:
: xev says:
:     XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (7f) "_"
: So xev is getting the correct value (7f), but other programs
: are getting the ^[[3~ screwiness.

No, such programs are converting it themselves.

: PR 27256 implies that one can get the correct behavior with
: something called "deleteIsDEL", but I grepped the man pages
: for "deleteIsDEL" and got nothing.

man xterm

: Question 1: How do I get the delete key to work correctly in X11 in 2.0?

This is per program.  See manual pages for each program you have a problem
with.

: Question 2: Why the gratiutatous change from 1.6.2 to 2.0 ?

There wasn't.  You must have upgraded part or all of X Windows as well.

: Question 3: Does NetBSD have a regression test suite?

Yes.  This isn't relevant to it.  This is specific to X Windows.

: Question 4: Why doesn't my spell checker know how to spell
: gratiutatous?

It would if you spelt it gratuitous.

Regards,
Geoff