Subject: Re: Trouble building tor
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org, Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2005 23:00:16
Jan Schaumann says:
> James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com> wrote:

> > Trying to install the tor pkg on a current i386 (as of 20 December,
> > 2.99.11) I'm getting this error:

> > make: "/usr/pkgsrc/net/tor/Makefile" line 26: Malformed conditional (!emp=
> ty(PKGSRC_COMPILER:Mmipspro))
> > make: "/usr/pkgsrc/net/tor/Makefile" line 28: if-less endif
> > make: "/usr/pkgsrc/net/tor/Makefile" line 28: Need an operator
> > make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

> > Any recommendations?
>
> What revision is pkgsrc/net/tor/Makefile?

# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.5 2005/02/02 16:41:22 jschauma Exp $

> And how up to date is
> pkgsrc/mk/*?

Some of the stuff in there is from December 21 and some of it is quite
old.

Is there stuff in there that has to be kept up to date manually?  That
is, wouldn't the pkgsrc system itself warn me needing to update or
better yet cause the relevant files to be updated?  If not, should I
update it every time I update a package?  Is there a recommended
frequency for updating it?