Subject: should remote nfs server failure kill my netbsd system?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <refling@stanfordalumni.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2005 11:40:18
I've mounted a remote nfs server, which then was powered off.

My netbsd 2.0 system (i386) then locked up, to the point that
the reboot command never completed and I had to pull the power
plug on it to make it reboot.

I'm aware of the -i option on the mount_nfs command which I'll
try next time, however, it does not seem right that the failure =

of a remote system should cause the failure of my netbsd system!

This just seems wrong.

Is there some way to abort the nfs connection without having to
power down?

Is there some way to specify a system-wide default for mount_nfs
to always use the -i?

Thanks

   =