Subject: successes and failures w/ pcmcia (linksys wireless, qlogic) on 2.0
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Refling <refling@stanfordalumni.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2005 11:33:00
Upgraded Dell 1100 inspiron laptop with 2.0 and have had success
with the following cards: 3com 3c589, adaptec 1450A, 1460 scsi,
milan mil-w1897, intel pro/2011b wireless.

However, the linksys wireless-b wpc11 ver.4 causes an instant
panic when plugged in:

panic: no cardbus on cardslot0
stopped in pib 8.1 (cardslot0)

backtrace showed cpu_Debugger(), panic(), cardslot_event_thread().

Even if this card is not supported, it shouldn't crash the system!
There was a reference to this on 12/01/04 I think, but no solution.

If left in at boot, it is not seen at all, but the system functions.

Also, I have a green Q-Logic Fast!SCSI card which has no specific
model number on it (like the supported FAS...) and gives a "not
configured" QLOGIC CORPORATION, pc05 rev 1.10 (manufacturer 0x0114,
product 0x0104).  Anybody know anything about this card?

Finally, anybody heard of the New Media Bus Toaster scci card
(manufacturer 0x0057, product 0xa002)?

Thanks.

   =