Subject: Re: Minimizing disk usage on a PDA
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <pbraun@nethence.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/2005 11:52:28
Andy Ruhl wrote:
> I asked this question in port-hpcmips, but maybe it's more relevant to
> more than just that.
>
> I have NetBSD/hpcmips running on an NEC Mobilepro 880. I plan on using
> a microdrive at some point. For the sake of power conservation, I'd
> like to minimize disk usage as much as possible.

You can simply buy a compact flash (a fast one, ultraII for example),
512MB or more, instead of a microdrive: it consumes less power I guess.

You may also consider the following mount options,
	nodevmtime
	noatime
	async or softdep

At last, a netbsd bumper sticker looks very cute too on Mobilepro 880:)
http://www.nethence.com/secondhand/gallery/laptop_closed-photo.jpg

Pierre-Philipp