Subject: Audio playback strangeness
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2005 18:12:04
I have successfully installed these audio packages on my
Intel D875DBZ mainboard running NetBSD 2.0 GENERIC.

1. snd
2. sweep
3. audacity

All will record, visually edit and save sound files they
themselves have acquired by microphone.But strangely,
this occurs...

On playing a *.wav read in from disk, these two work fine...

1. audioplay
2. snd

But these two give problems...

1. sweep gives no sound
2. audacity locks up and has to be killed.

Know that I am using the same 8000Hz Mono *.wav sound file for
all three. That file original was recorded from a Minolta camera.

As a second experiment, I did this...

In sweep, I read in the *.wav and saved as *.ogg. Then I
read that same *.ogg into both sweep and audacity. The
same misbehaviors as noted above ocurred occurred again.

Here is the info I get from dmesg...

baal: {1} dmesg | grep audio
emuxki0 at pci3 dev 2 function 0: Creative Labs SBLive! EMU 10000 (audio multimedia, revision 0x07)
audio0 at emuxki0: full duplex, mmap, independent
baal: {2}

Thanks in advance,

Gan

--