Subject: Re: netbsd 2.0 i386 install from iso cd - hangs
To: sheree <sah18@sbcglobal.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2005 17:02:58
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, sheree wrote:

> I have a Mega 180 (MSI) small form factor system that I'd like to install
> netbsd on.  I (just today) downloaded the most recent iso images of i386cd,
> i386pkg, and i386 live.  When I try to run the install using i386cd, it
> hangs always at the same line:
>
> isa0 at pcib0
>
> I have to power down to get it to respond again.
>
> Interestingly enough, the i386 live cd boots without any difficulties on
> this same system.

I think the Live CD comes from a third-party. I don't know what its kernel
configuration is like. I assume it is the same release of NetBSD 2.0.

Maybe you can run:

  strings /netbsd | sed -n 's/^_CFG_//p' | unvis | less

(Or does anyone know where the kernel configuration for this Live CD is?)

to see the kernel configuration. It would be nice to compare that with the
kernel configuration used for the install CD.

(You don't need to post same email twice.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/