Subject: NetBSD 2.0 i386 + virtual server
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?B?SGFycmkgTGluZHN0cvZt ?= <hli@linuxmail.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/2005 10:54:50
Hi,

I installed NetBSD 2.0 i386 to my virtual server 2005 environment and insta=
llation succeeded. NetBSD works fine in virtual server environment, but eve=
rytime I try to install a package (no matter what package), I'll get segmen=
tation fault error 139 and installation stops. I downloaded the latest pkgs=
cr package from netbsd ftp site, extracted it (tar -xzvpf pkgsrc.tar.gz -C =
/usr) so the package should be ok. When I try to compile any package (make =
command), it stops. I also tried to update pacpage collection, but that sto=
ps too. All I get is segmentation error. I also reinstalled NetBSD, but tha=
t didn't help. I have used NetBSD in normal environment (not virtual) for f=
ew years now without this kind of problems. Looks like virtual environment =
is the reason for this problem, but I really like to know why. Why NetBSD r=
uns nicely in virtual environment, but any packages cannot be installed? I =
appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Br. HLi
--=20
Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.linuxmail.org=20