Subject: Problem with rc.conf and apache ssl
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/02/2005 21:31:25
Since upgrading to NetBSD 2.0 and rebuilding a number of
packages I have a problem starting Apache SSL at boot.

...and the problem is that where it had used to halt, prior to
starting X, to allow for giving the password for my SSL key, now
it jumps straight to X not waiting for the password.

If I hit CTRL F1 to go back and give the password, it doesn't
seem to want to respond normally. It won't complain of a wrong
password and it doesn't start SSL for the right one. And Apache
waits on the password right or wrong. If I go and check, Apache
is running okay for http but not for https.

My /etc/rc.conf file looks as below...

<snip>
if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
         . /etc/defaults/rc.conf
fi

# If this is not set to YES, the system will drop into single-user mode.
#
rc_configured=YES

# Add local overrides below
#