Subject: Re: Cannot connect or ping to my router
To: Carsten Laux <carstenlaux@online.de>
From: Roberto <roberto.trovo@redix.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/02/2005 15:46:41
> Hi Roberto,

...<snip> ...

> Your second E-Mail:
>
> DHCP is running. I can see it during the boot process. But during the
> boot process a I can see the message "DHCP exiting"
>
> When I run top or ps -aux I canīt see a service with the name DHCP or
> something like this.....
> When I try to start it from the command line the last message is also
> dhcpd:exiting
>
> Probably something is wrong here, and I donīt know why???
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards
>
> Carsten

Please try to start dhcpd manually, in foreground (-f option) and in
debug/verbose mode (-d option ); then let me know the messages.
Without all this messages it is difficult to find the problem.

Kind regards
Roberto

P.S.: I've tried it on my pc with the following error:
** You must add a ddns-update-style statement to /etc/dhcpd.conf.
   To get the same behaviour as in 3.0b2pl11 and previous
   versions, add a line that says "ddns-update-style ad-hoc;"
   Please read the dhcpd.conf manual page for more information. **

Is it your case?

e-mail roberto.trovo [at] redix.it