Subject: Re: Freezing i386
To: Anders Dinsen <anders@dinsen.net>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/02/2005 13:45:36
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Anders Dinsen wrote:

> Thanks for the hint, I switched to 10baseT and problems went away with one
> and two cards. Switching manually to media 100TX stops all network I/O.
>
> This is far less than optimal. Is this any kind of known problem with the
> 3C905?

Hmm. I have an ex0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: 3Com 3c905B-COMBO 10/100
Ethernet (rev. 0x0). I have to manually set it to 100baseTX because when I
let it autonegotiate it gets 100baseTX-FDX which seems to work at first
but after some time it gets terribly slow (a few kb/s). I always blamed
the switch for it, but maybe it's the card or the driver after all...

kind regards,
dieter

--
 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu