Subject: Re: Better way to boot NetBSD
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/23/2004 19:19:05
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 08:07:41PM +1100, ?o. O Jeremy O. o? wrote:
> My computer has two harddrives. Windows is installed on the second
> harddrive and NetBSD on the second harddrive.

Provided windows was actually installed on the second drive [1], then the
netbsd mbr bootselect code should be able to boot it.
You just need to hit 'F2' (with the recent code) to request that the
mbr code from the 2nd disk be executed, this would then boot the
active partition from the second disk.

	David

[1] I believe the bios drive number (etc) is saved somewhere during the
install - instead of relying on it being passed in %dl.

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk