Subject: Re: equivalent of sockstat?
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@hmacs.cmi.ua.ac.be>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/23/2004 18:07:20
On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:48:47AM -0500, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> Bah! FreeBSD perl scripts in /usr/bin.  Perl in the kernel config too.
>
> The only flag missing from fbsd netstat(1) in nbsd is "-W"
>
>      -W    In certain displays, avoid truncating addresses even if this
> causes
>            some fields to overflow.
>
> ...but if you remove the flag from the script, it works just fine:
>
> -        exec("/usr/bin/netstat", "-AanW");
> +        exec("/usr/bin/netstat", "-Aan");
>         die("exec(netstat): $!\n");

Tried that too (removing -W), but it doesn't work for unix domain
sockets (`sockstat -u`).  + it's written in perl, which is not in the
base system.  I think we should code it either in C or in /bin/sh so it
can be included in /usr/bin.  Looking at sockstat.pl, I think a /bin/sh
script grep'ing fstat and netstat is the way to go.

GH

--
:wq