Subject: Better way to boot NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=B0o=2EO_Jeremy_O=2Eo=B0?= <huangker@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/17/2004 20:07:41
My computer has two harddrives. Windows is installed on the second
harddrive and NetBSD on the second harddrive.

If i wanted to boot windows, i would go into bios and change it so
that wd0 is booted first.
If i wanted to boot nbsd, i would goto into bios and tell bios to boot
wd1 first.

The problem with just getting wd1 to boot is that the nbsd boot
selector dosent seem to recognise the windows partition. I've tried to
copy the mbr (dd if=/dev/wd1 of=/mnt/floppy/nbsd.bb bs=1 count=512)
and using the NT boot selector but that dosent seem to work either.

There has to be a better way to boot. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank You
Jeremy